Feeling more confident today

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
CrabKate

Feeling more confident today

Post by CrabKate » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:11 pm

I finally saw the crabs eat last night. Spaghetti, carrot and lettuce tossed with honey and dried shrimp and meal worms tumble with honey. I’m thrilled to know they are comfortable enough to eat. Also at least one of them pooped so i know the digestive system is workin. And oh my sweet 6 yo GD, at first she was upset about me changing the tat, but i finally told her do you want it pretty with sick crabs or like this with happy crabs. She always wants to help me and i explain how and why as we go. Last night i told her i ordered shells. She asked if they were painted. When i told her no she said good because the paint is bad for them. This morning when we were changing water she reminded me , not from the faucet Grammy. Gotta love this kid.

Links

Re: Feeling more confident today

Post by Links » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:54 pm

So sweet. Wish my kids would’ve stayed involved. I feel like I took over. Lol. But in their defense I made it difficult to get into the tank to do any maintenance as well as change food and water.

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:30 pm

CrabKate wrote:I finally saw the crabs eat last night. Spaghetti, carrot and lettuce tossed with honey and dried shrimp and meal worms tumble with honey. I’m thrilled to know they are comfortable enough to eat. Also at least one of them pooped so i know the digestive system is workin. And oh my sweet 6 yo GD, at first she was upset about me changing the tat, but i finally told her do you want it pretty with sick crabs or like this with happy crabs. She always wants to help me and i explain how and why as we go. Last night i told her i ordered shells. She asked if they were painted. When i told her no she said good because the paint is bad for them. This morning when we were changing water she reminded me , not from the faucet Grammy. Gotta love this kid.
Aw that's so cute! Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
CrabKate

Post by CrabKate » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:02 pm

She still wants to help me. But his is a kid who always has to help feed the dog and she even picks up poop when we’re out walking. I think she wants to be my mini me lol.

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:43 am

CrabKate wrote:She still wants to help me. But his is a kid who always has to help feed the dog and she even picks up poop when we’re out walking. I think she wants to be my mini me lol.
She sounds like a good kid. Image It's sweet you 2 can bond over the crabbies. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav