Thinking about Es

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
shanedaman112

Thinking about Es

Post by shanedaman112 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:33 pm

I've been thinking about getting 1 or 2 Es but I'm not sure if my PP happy setup is ready for them. Temp holds 80-85 degrees, humidity holds 85... Is that warm enough? Will a lone E be comfy with 5 PPs? I've always wanted some.

Galaxy s3 via tapatalk
2 small PPs: Leonardo, Biscuit
3 medium to large PPs: Kermit Rocketson, Lulu, Strawberry (named because he is red, not actually a straw)
1 Neon Tetra: Stevie. 1 Crawfish: Larry
R.I.P. Larry, Crabby, and Hermie (all PPs) O'mally (Neon Tetra) John Cena(Crawfish)

MsWorld

Re: Thinking about Es

Post by MsWorld » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:09 pm

Honestly E's need to be with their kind. 2 E's would do much better.

Temps and humidity look good. How big is your tank?

Topic author
shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:30 pm

40 gal long. Not sure if I'm getting overcrowded yet. The current crabs seem spacy.

Galaxy s3 via tapatalk
3 medium to large PPs: Kermit Rocketson, Lulu, Strawberry (named because he is red, not actually a straw)
R.I.P. Larry, Crabby, and Hermie (all PPs) O'mally (Neon Tetra) John Cena(Crawfish)

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:42 pm

shanedaman112 wrote:40 gal long. Not sure if I'm getting overcrowded yet. The current crabs seem spacy.

Galaxy s3 via tapatalk
E's do fine in warmer temps. Allow them pretty deep substrate to dig in and a variety of proteins in addition to their usual diet.

We have had some members who had angelic E's (mine have never been a problem), and some who called theirs "Children of the Corn" and had problems with aggression and cannibalism.

Crabs need about 5-15 gallons per crab depending on their size. You also can see how your colony is acting towards each other to determine if you should add more crabs or not.

If they get along, aren't having molt attacks, and otherwise seem healthy, you can probably get away with a little crowding. PP's tend to be more tolerant.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Topic author
shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:04 am

Never had any aggression problems before. One shell fight but that was in a 5 gal with only 3 shells available at that time.

Galaxy s3 via tapatalk