OR, WA, ID, ND, SD, WY, MT, NE Adopters

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Huckleberry

Re: OR, WA, ID, ND, SD, WY, MT Adopters

Post by Huckleberry » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Hello! Brand new here, but not to the world of hermit crabs.
I currently only have one, and I am aware they need friends, so I am looking to adopt 1-2
I will drive 1-2 hours, and I live in Seattle, Washington currently. I can pay for shipping in nearby states.
EDIT: Not sure about his size, but he currently is about 1 & 1/2" in shell size I think.
He lives in a small tank, but I will upgrade soon to a 10 gallon. He has:

Mixed sand + coconut husk
Non-metallic water bowls about 1 & 1/2 inches deep, easy to climb.
Shell options(Ordering new ones)
PetCo humidity gauge
Nightlight red reptile bulb + lamp
Plastic plant hidey-hole
Heating pad (Under plant, away from water)
Plastic food plate
Food 'medley' (Pellets, dried shrimp, mealworms)
Fruit, veggies, crackers, almond butter, ect.
Salt+Fresh water, spray bottle
75 degree tank, 75-90% humid
Love :hearts:

I live with two curious cats and a dog.
Thank you!

LAST UPDATED:

Rawrgeous

Re: OR, WA, ID, ND, SD, WY, MT, NE Adopters

Post by Rawrgeous » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi, I live in Polk, Nebraska, (About an hour from Lincoln.) I have been crabbing for about 5 months now. I currently have 6 PP ranging from tiny to medium-large in a 55 gallon tank with 11 inches coco fiber/playsand substrate.I have already rescued 2 crabs, and would like to add a few more to my colony without taking them from the wild. I feed a variety of healthy foods from the hermit crab garden, hermit crab patch, as well as several fresh options as well like organic pb, honey, and various fruits. I am willing to travel up to an hour. :)

LAST UPDATED:

Orangeguy

Post by Orangeguy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:37 am

Hello I live in SD and I've been hosting a crabitat for 2 years now and I have a pretty empty 78 gallon fish tank. "empty as in only 2 hermit crabs not materials" So I was wondering if anyone was selling/giving E's or Indos because were I live its almost impossible to obtain this creature but the PP's and straws are the easiest but I'm trying to create a multiverse hermitat but im missing E's and Indos if photos needed let me know I can posts pictures of the tank.

LAST UPDATED:

crabbyjo

Post by crabbyjo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:19 pm

We live in Alexandria, MN & are willing to adopt from ND....Fargo, or any 2 hour drive from us.

My husband & I are retired teachers so we have lots of time & started crabbing in January of this year but we are ready & willing to adopt a couple of crabs. We have 4 crabs right now, 2 are molting for theirs & our first time; the bigger crab has been down for 5 weeks & the smaller guy 2 weeks. The other 2, sadly, are from Petsmart & are destressing. The newbies are in a 10g ISO tank & we hope they can move in with our 2 molters when they are done molting. I have read this message board over & over to be sure we are doing everything correctly, & we are! Temperature is 81 degrees & humidity is almost always 84-85%. We have 5:1 play sand to coco fiber & are getting a larger tank, 20, gallon, later this week.

We no longer want to buy our crabs from the pet store, it's just too hard when they don't make it so we would really like to help someone out & to make our crabbing a happier experience.

LAST UPDATED:

Cylara

Post by Cylara » Thu May 12, 2016 2:04 pm

Black Hills, SD
I'm looking to adopt or purchase some micro/teeny hermit crabs. I can travel a couple hours to meet and would be willing to pay shipping if needed. Please email ktblinds at gmail.Com if you have any in need of a new home!

LAST UPDATED:

SHAUSA

Re: Post Adoptees Here (Crabs that need a new home)

Post by SHAUSA » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:09 am

Seattle Washington Looking to adopt a friend for my two purple pinchers. I adopted them each seperatly from owners who were unable to provide the care and attention they needed. They were in sad shape and recovered in a couple of weeks.
They live in a 20gal long tank. 4-5" Cocconut and sand substrate. Second story Moss pits. 3x4 1"deep instant ocean bath. MopanI wood and net/mesh climbers, declor drinking water and several moist moss huts/pits. Diet: dehydrated krill/mealworms/kelp, raw seeds/nuts, fresh and dehydrated fruits/veges. Oyster shell calcium/ mineral block. Extra larger shells. Moist sea sponges. Humidity and temp gauges. Heater pads. I've had them for one year and they've both molted and changed shells. Vesry active. Enjoy their diet and each other. Not aggressive. Lonely when their buddy molts.
I would be able to accommodate one or two crabbies who needs a forever home. I have the time and resources to give them the care, attention, and love these sweet little delicate creatures deserve. Thx for considering me!! :crabbigsmile:

LAST UPDATED:

pgaspard15

Post by pgaspard15 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:45 am

Looking to adopt an E in the Salem Oregon area. I purchased one last night and I need to get him a species buddy ASAP.

I have a 75 gallon tank with 5 PP's and the lone E. They have non-metalic water dishes big enough for several crabs to be submerged at the same time. I have the proper salt for their salt water and fresh water dechlorinater. I recently obtained homemade organic hermit crab food from a reliable source online that contains dried fruits, veggies, and insects. I strictly use coco-fiber as their substrate, which I've never had an issue with. The tank humidity stays at 80% and the temp varies between 78-81 degrees, along with a large heating pad on the back wall of the tank. They have lots of plants and wood that they can climb on

LAST UPDATED:

bloomire

Post by bloomire » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:31 pm

I'm in Eastern Idaho and am looking to adopt a couple hermit crabs. I'd be willing to travel 2-3 hours or have them shipped overnight. I currently have a 55 gallon tank with 2 PP Hermit Crabs who I would love to have more friends. If you live in the area and are giving some crabs up for adoption, please pm me.

LAST UPDATED:

hermitcrabprincess33

Post by hermitcrabprincess33 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:53 pm

I live in Washington state
I am looking for a female crab

LAST UPDATED:

CrabbyKitty

Post by CrabbyKitty » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi! I am from Sioux Falls (SD) and new to the hobby. I unfortunately cannot travel but I am totally willing to pay for shipping! I would love to home a couple hermies, I currently have a very happy fiddler crab (they wouldn't be homed together). You can contact me at Arcudi02elizabeth at gmail.com

Current pet list: (1) Fiddler crab, (1) female betta, and (1) Gold Inca Snail.

LAST UPDATED: