IA, MN, WI Adopters

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
WingedWalrus

IA, MN, WI Adopters

Post by WingedWalrus » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Rochester, MN

Hello!

I am located in Rochester, MN. I can travel up to the cities to pick up hermit crabs, or south into Iowa. Meeting in the middle is great too!

I have two 55's and a 30 gallon tank all set up for hermit crabs. Only have four at the moment, so there is plenty of room for new friends. I use coconut fiber bedding and feed all natural "homemade" meals each night. I've had dozens of molts and have been crabbing for 13 years now.

I will have photos up soon on my website! Please feel free to message me.

http://paigebrevick.wix.com/mn-hermitcrab-rescue

LAST UPDATED:
Last edited by GotButterflies on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Updated 2-27-15
11 purple pinchers - Plum, Rillow, Arthinia, unnamed, unnamed, unnamed Biggie-Smalls, Ignatius, Ilan, unnamed, unnamed
1 ecuadorians - Adaara
1 ball python - Tungsten
1 corn snake - Seaborg
1 albino redtail boa - Kobuk
1 kenyan sandboa - Cadmus

marandashermies

Re: WI, MN Adopters

Post by marandashermies » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:02 pm

St. Paul, MN

Hello!

I am in St. Paul MN, so close to WI as well. I have a 55g, 56g & 125g tank, and would love to adopt your crab or crabs! I have PP's and Straws and I am very well educated in crabbing. All my tats are equipped with fresh and salt water bubbler pools that all crabs can fully submerge in. Tons of climbing levels, hide always and floor space to roam. I use the 5:1 ration of play sand and eco for all my subs and find that to be best for all of them. All of my tats remain at 80 degress and 80-85% humidity. I also dehydrate my own crab food. But I do buy from HCP for minerals etc.

I would be willing to travel, probably no more than an hour. If you would like to ship, I will pick up the cost. I love all my crabs and take their care very seriously. Please PM me if you have a buddy that needs to be adopted, I would be happy to have them in the family :wink:

Maranda

LAST UPDATED:
Last edited by marandashermies on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
{125g~56g~55g} {30 PPs~ 10 Straws~ 5 Ruggies~ 2 E's~ 4 Viola's~ 2 Cavipes~ 2 Indo's}
2 Handsome Kitties {Rolan & Luka}
http://s628.photobucket.com/user/marand ... t=3&page=1

piccolo41099

Post by piccolo41099 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:24 pm

Grand Rapids, MN

I am in Grand Rapids, MN.
I have a 90g crabitat with experience with pp's, ee's, and straw's. I have had crabbies for 10+ years.

LAST UPDATED:
Wife to the love of my life, mommy to 5 boys and 2 girls and crab mama to 11 pp's, 2 straw's lovin' their new 90g home.

DarthKrab

Post by DarthKrab » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:18 pm

St. Cloud, MN

Hey guys! I'm in the St Cloud Mn area and am willing to drive up to two hours to give your hermie a new home! I'm fairly new to this, so an older and bigger crab that knows whats up is probably better with someone more experienced. However, I am currently equipped with room for 1 more little fella, but in the next month (hopefully) I will be upgrading to a much bigger tank!

LAST UPDATED:
4 PP's:Zelda, Chancho, Parker, Frankie Sinatra

"I find your lack of claw disturbing..."

Pinchersparadise

Post by Pinchersparadise » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Marquette, MI

Hi everyone! I'm actually in Upper Michigan, but I travel into Wisconsin often! I go to GreenBay, Appleton, Madison, and as far over as Eau Claire, and Tomah, and as far over as Hurley & down (to Tomah).

I'm willing to adopt! :)

LAST UPDATED:
Crabbing for almost 2 years & 9 crabs, Herman, Hermina, Geraldo, Madison, Monona, pip, and 3 unnamed.55 gallon with 29 gallon topper & 20 gallon.

crabbyjo

Re: IA, MN, WI Adopters

Post by crabbyjo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:54 pm

Alexandria, MN

My husband & I are retired teachers so we have lots of time & started crabbing in January of this year but we are ready & willing to adopt a couple of crabs. We have 4 crabs right now, 2 are molting for theirs & our first time; the bigger crab has been down for 5 weeks & the smaller guy 2 weeks. The other 2, sadly, are from Petsmart & are destressing. The newbies are in a 10g ISO tank & we hope they can move in with our 2 molters when they are done molting. I have read this message board over & over to be sure we are doing everything correctly, & we are! Temperature is 81 degrees & humidity is almost always 84-85%. We have 5:1 play sand to coco fiber & are getting a larger tank, 20, gallon, later this week.

We no longer want to buy our crabs from the pet store, it's just too hard when they don't make it so we would really like to help someone out & to make our crabbing a happier experience.

We are willing to drive 2 hours in any direction....Minneapolis or St. Paul, MN, Fargo, ND, Bemidji, MN, or any other town in the area of central MN.

Thanks.

April 1st: Update on the size of our new tank. Planned to get a 20g but bought a 40B for $1 a gallon at Petsmart so we have a lot more room than previously thought. :banana:

LAST UPDATED: I am no longer able to adopt any crabs because I am out of room. 7-9-18
Last edited by crabbyjo on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jellybean!

Re: IA, MN, WI Adopters

Post by Jellybean! » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:36 pm

Twin Cities, MN

I'm also willing to adopt! I'm willing to drive/meet halfway too depending where you're at. I've been crabbing for 14 years and my oldest crab is now 13. I have a mix of sizes, plenty of shells, I order my food online from Hermit Crab Patch (the good stuff, there!), my tank is a 30 gallon for right now, however, if needed I have an extra 10 gallon and 20 gallon. I use sand/EE mix, have second levels, deep pools, everything they're going to need! Please PM if interested. :D

LAST UPDATED:
14 PPs
Follow my hermie instagram account: jellyhermies