Safe to use fairy garden pieces in tank??

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
melina

Safe to use fairy garden pieces in tank??

Post by melina » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi! Sorry if this is a silly question but is it safe to use the little fairy garden houses and decorations and stuff in my tank?? I wasn't sure because of the paint and everything that they're made with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Re: Safe to use fairy garden pieces in tank??

Post by Crabinski » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:17 pm

If I'm picturing the right things (like the castles, etc, you'd use in a fish tank), most of those items are made of resin so they're OK.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

amwilliams

Re: Safe to use fairy garden pieces in tank??

Post by amwilliams » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:47 am

I had considered something similar for awhile (because who wouldn't want to live in a fairy garden?!?!). The only thing to really avoid are the pieces made of metal, and I personally didn't want to deal with any real wood. I think painted houses and such would be alright also.

One thing I did once I know what kind of fairy garden item I'd like, i looked for aquarium pieces that were similar (like a bridge or a chair) because I knew they'd be alright handling the humidity and they'd be plastic. Not sure if that helps or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk