Craft mesh question

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
HermieHank

Craft mesh question

Post by HermieHank » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:44 pm

So I'm upgrading my water dishes today and was going to make entry ramps from some craft mesh I ordered from Amazon. Is this the right stuff to use? The holes seem maybe smaller than I expected? Will this work? Don't want to drown my hermies. Pictured with Pez for scale...Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hermiesguardian

Re: Craft mesh question

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:10 pm

HermieHank wrote:So I'm upgrading my water dishes today and was going to make entry ramps from some craft mesh I ordered from Amazon. Is this the right stuff to use? The holes seem maybe smaller than I expected? Will this work? Don't want to drown my hermies. Pictured with Pez for scale...Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yes. That's right.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:44 pm

That’s the right kind...I’m going to do the same at some point with some Tupperware dishes. Going to cut 2 sections of the container lip off, use a hole punch right at the top of where I cut the lip off and use zip ties.
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

ashleylovesyou

Post by ashleylovesyou » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:45 pm

"Pez for scale" made me chuckle. That's all I came to say here :lol:

ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:47 pm

Yeah that is needlepoint canvas works great. Depending on the shape and size of your pools it may be beneficial to give the mesh structure to keep it from being flimsy. But depending on the pool you may want it flimsy. Either way the holes are just the right size for hermit crabs. The little points on the end of their feet and their claws grip that stuff soooooo well

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:23 am

I need to get some of this. Get it at a craft store and ask for craft mesh? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ha_haley

Post by ha_haley » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:27 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:I need to get some of this. Get it at a craft store and ask for craft mesh? Thank you

If you have a hobby lobby, it’s in the sewing section and its probably called plastic canvas Image

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:28 am

ha_haley wrote:
RiNiKy506 wrote:I need to get some of this. Get it at a craft store and ask for craft mesh? Thank you

If you have a hobby lobby, it’s in the sewing section and its probably called plastic canvas Image

Thank you sooo much!