And now it's a bottle baby kitten... [12/21 And again...]

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

And now it's a bottle baby kitten... [12/21 And again...]

Post by wodesorel » Thu May 17, 2018 3:10 pm

When it rains it pours! Image

They didn't have anyone to take it and would have put it down so... It's been two years since we have had one. And it's eleven years to the day since I got Beanie-butt who was around this age.

It'll be touch and go for the first few days as we have no history on it. The guy handed it to my neighbor while he was in the shelter parking lot coming in to the vet clinic. This is the fifth cat our neighbors have 'given' us!

Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Moonlightdreams

Re: And now it's a bottle baby kitten...

Post by Moonlightdreams » Thu May 17, 2018 4:10 pm

OHMYGODLOOKATTHOSETOES

Awwwwwww! Poor baby. :( I hope he/she makes it through! So adorable. :D
Loving owner of two hermit crabs and two dogs! Call me Moon, Icy, Kermit, or anything you'd like! sheldon_and_peanut (hermit crabs) and sisterchins (dogs) on Instagram.

Angel_crab

Post by Angel_crab » Thu May 17, 2018 4:40 pm

So cute!! I remember seeing kittens this tiny at the shelter that I adopted my cat from :) hope all goes well for this adorable kitten :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SheogorathsQueen

Post by SheogorathsQueen » Thu May 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Oh my gosh...... so tiny!!!! Sending good thoughts your way

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
My Crew of 5 PP's : Sheogorath, Peaches, Chorrol, Cheydinhal, Alkanet, & Moon Sugar

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu May 17, 2018 8:55 pm

I have missed this so much! There is something about them when they are this tiny. Been craving it for a year, and it does not disappoint. Mostly love those toes that never stop moving!

It ate well twice so far. Next meal is at midnight and then hubby will take morning before work. It is nice to tag team when they are this little, no missed sleep.

We can't seem to agree on a gender. We've shown it to others we know in rescue and it's split 50/50. So this may be interesting in a few weeks!

I call him Bug. I try not to decide on names at this age just in case. He's a little too old for the Bumble moniker I gave my last two girls!

Bug likes to sleep on and under Mr. Groink the Turtle. Bug also has a crested gecko stripe!ImageImage

Moonlightdreams

Post by Moonlightdreams » Thu May 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi, Bug! :D
Loving owner of two hermit crabs and two dogs! Call me Moon, Icy, Kermit, or anything you'd like! sheldon_and_peanut (hermit crabs) and sisterchins (dogs) on Instagram.

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri May 18, 2018 6:31 pm

She got so insanely constipated that I am spending my 34th Birthday at the vet instead of out to dinner. Image

I laugh because we are still in the waiting room and she got it out on her own! She calmed down immediately and so have I. My hubby says I turn into a momma bear when kittens are involved. I know I stress out something awful when they are in pain!

We're staying to get her checked now that we are here. She still isn't nursing well and her stomach is distended and hard so it'll be better to deal with it now rather than later.

It's the first time I have seen her completely calm and also purring away!

SheogorathsQueen

Post by SheogorathsQueen » Fri May 18, 2018 10:01 pm

Oh no!! I'm glad she was able to get it out though :lol:
Happy Birthday Wodesorel :cake: I hope everything turns out okay with her!
My Crew of 5 PP's : Sheogorath, Peaches, Chorrol, Cheydinhal, Alkanet, & Moon Sugar

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri May 18, 2018 10:45 pm

Happy Birthday Wode!! :) What a birthday gift!!! :cloud9: So stinkin' adorable!!! Whenever I was raising kittens or puppies that got constipated I would run the water over their tummies and tushies and massage them a little. Always worked like a charm. Also kept them nice a clean, and from getting their tushies irritated. I'm sure you probably already know that trick though :) I hope that he/she checks out nice and healthy!! :) I'm calling dibs that it's a boy! Either way - super cute!!! Congratulations!!!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri May 18, 2018 11:54 pm

Thank you! :D My mom got me my favorite baked good from my old grocery store that is too far away to have an excuse to visit, so I got that when we got back and all is good.

I tried everything with this one, it was rock hard and stuck fast and he was stressing to the point of turning red and screaming. I didn't want to leave it and take the chance of it being a blockage overnight. For all I know the guy who had him before was trying to feed him canned food, he licks like he wasn't nursing for a while. I am a lot more patient when I know a bit more about them, but a single 2 week old is just weird! My last two were 24 hours old and around 5 days old but both were obviously abandoned by mom and we talked with the people who found them.

He did have mild dehydration, so he got some SQ fluids, and they went ahead and dewormed him. I was hoping for a fecal but they didn't offer.

We got home and lots more poop! So things are moving well. I think next time this happens we'll just go on a car ride and see if that works. Image This is the second time in ten years I have had a listless constipated kitten "cure" itself after a drive to the vet.

Everyone I talk to says boy immediately, but the parts are a little too close together so there is usually an umm after a moment. I think boy as well, the girls are never this fussy!

Now that I am back on a better internet connection, more pics! I am going to have to scrub him down tomorrow, he got formula everywhere! At least with him being white I know it is KMR this time and not crusty ringworm. :hlol: Ah, memories.

ImageImageImage

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat May 19, 2018 12:08 am

What a face!!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat May 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Daily Bug, out cold on Mr. Groink!

Doing well and gaining more strength. :DImage

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun May 20, 2018 6:39 pm

Glad you had a nice birthday! Who doesn't love a kitten and baked goods? :cloud9:

I bet he wasn't hoping for a fecal - the loop or a q-tip is bigger than that kitten's tush! :hlol: Between the car ride, dewormer and the sq fluids - that would freaked out any kitten enough to get them to poop!!! Poor little guy!

Love the pictures!! Especially the 1/2 face plant on Mr. Groink! :cloud9: I'm glad he's doing better!!!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Tue May 22, 2018 9:28 pm

He really is! It's been a while since I have had a normal healthy baby this age, so I think he is doing good? He has some decent intention tremors, but if I remember right that is nornal for 3 week-ish. He is really bumbly still but determined to walk and climb so I just upgraded him to a boxed in 3x3x3 section of floor. I wanted bigger but I ran out of boxes. Image

My other half is an awesome kitty daddy. He's been doing this 15 years longer than I have! I take the overnight while he sleeps and the day feedings while he works, and he does the morning before he leaves so I can sleep and the evenings so I can have a break. I am the only one who can get Bug to poop though! ImageImageImage

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed May 23, 2018 8:21 am

ADORABLE!!!! OH THAT FACE!!! :cloud9: You take such amazing pictures too!! I hope that he continues to improve!