Big aspirations..

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
megmaholm

Big aspirations..

Post by megmaholm » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:43 am

My Craigslist freebie crab, Samwell, came up sometime last night. He's crammed into a whale eye shell and I decided to put in some more appropriately sized turbos for him to examine. He promptly ignored them, but one of my other crabs, Melisandre, is a shell-changing diva so she had to check them out immediately. She's a bit optimistic about fitting. :roll:

^ that pic made me realize how much I need to clean off the inside of my glass. Oops.

By the way, do anyone else's crabs eat sand off the glass?! I used to call some of my more 'special' crabs window lickers, and they seem to be taking it literally. :lol:
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

moonshermies

Re: Big aspirations..

Post by moonshermies » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:09 am

I find there faces plastered on the glass2..I kinda figured it was a payback & imitation of what I do 2 them, making me do a double take, lol

Sent from HTC EVO, using Tapatalk 2
Mom to 3 children,&2 adorable medium PPS..Not a new member..My old sn was deleted after a hiatus from the death of my pp 2 yrs ago..

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:01 pm

moonshermies wrote:I find there faces plastered on the glass2..I kinda figured it was a payback & imitation of what I do 2 them, making me do a double take, lol

Omg! You just had me in tears laughing.
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Topic author
megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:15 pm

moonshermies wrote:I find there faces plastered on the glass2..I kinda figured it was a payback & imitation of what I do 2 them, making me do a double take, lol
Haha! Sometimes I'm alone in the room and feel something staring at me...and it's one of the crabs. They're either imitating me or trying to brainwash me into feeding them. I'm not sure which. :roll:
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:03 am

megmaholm wrote:Haha! Sometimes I'm alone in the room and feel something staring at me...and it's one of the crabs. They're either imitating me or trying to brainwash me into feeding them. I'm not sure which. :roll:
Definitely the brainwashing, my hermies have done that ages ago. :) (I think, I can't remember...)
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

moonshermies

Post by moonshermies » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:00 am

@kelly, yes I was laughing thinking about how I find myself having a staring contest with them..Of course they always win..But im glad you had a nice laugh!!

Mom to 3 children,&2 adorable medium PPS..Not a new member..My old sn was deleted after a hiatus from the death of my pp 2 yrs ago..