Update to my situation(food moss & crabs for adoption)

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
kieagcarm

Update to my situation(food moss & crabs for adoption)

Post by kieagcarm » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi guys, I can't find my post from a week ago when I decided to put my crabs up for adoption due to food mites so I figured I would just make another and couldn't decide where to put it.

Anyway, it was recommended I contact another hermit crab site in hopes of help with adopting these guys out. And I actually found someone! She lives 15 minutes away, has been crabbing for years and has several tanks including a 75g and is willing to take them all, but for now is coming to get Athena and Yeti Thursday since they are up. She sent me a very long email and we have been texting so I feel good about this. Once I have this situated, I'll get my butt in gear on mailing the supplies already promised to a few of you. The flu really took a toll on me, physically mentally and especially financially. It's a happy-sad night. I'll miss these crabs, and all of you, but I still think it's what's best for them

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

Giner13

Re: Update to my situation(food moss & crabs for adoption)

Post by Giner13 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:28 pm

Aw I'm sorry you're going through giving your babies up, but one always knows what's best in situations. It sounds like their new home will be perfect!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:30 pm

I'm so glad you found a situation you could feel good about! :)
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:16 pm

No worries! I'm glad you are starting to feel better! You have to do what works for you. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Wonderful news!! Hope everything goes smoothly with the adoption!!

Topic author
kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Well Yeti and Athena are now in their new home, currently a 29g iso tank so they can destress and get acquainted with the new environment. They will be joining their new colony in either the 75g or 50g tanks the lady has after a month. I'm sad and happy, I cried. She was very nice. She wants to buy some of the things I have left to sell once bellatrix and Dixon resurface. I gave her half the food, and I still have 3 containers full. I sent some of their favorite shells with them too. I get paid next Friday and am planning on mailing the ones I promised to some of you then. I thank you all for help in getting me educated on hermit crabs and all the encouragement and support I have found here. I will miss everyone when it's all said and done

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Awwww!! Everything sounds like it is working out great for everyone involved I'm so happy for you and your hermies!! I am still hopeful that you will remain active on the website - you have so much knowledge and experience to share with other crabbers and you are such a great support for others as well You also notice tons of things I never pick up on Hope ur feeling better! And I hope that the new lady adopting ur hermies will join our forum so we can follow the lives of ur babies

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:59 pm

I'm happy and sad for you at the same time
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:50 am

I'm glad you found them a good home! I know it wasn't easy for you- but you really did the right thing if you knew it wasn't for you! I'm in the same boat as some others- happy for you but sad as well.