Upgraded crabitat

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Hermione

Upgraded crabitat

Post by Hermione » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:30 pm

Hermione and Crookshanks are absolutely loving their new 29 gallon tank. They have been super active since I moved them. It has been fun to watch. I’m still making improvements but I’m happy with the setup so far. Pics attached!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sillysheep

Re: Upgraded crabitat

Post by Sillysheep » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Hermione wrote:Hermione and Crookshanks are absolutely loving their new 29 gallon tank. They have been super active since I moved them. It has been fun to watch. I’m still making improvements but I’m happy with the setup so far. Pics attached!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Oh wow!!! That forth picture down is the cutest picture I have ever seen. Super nice. I can't stop looking at that pic. It makes me smile. Thank you.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:59 am

Awesome pictures!! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Happyhermiehome

Post by Happyhermiehome » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:36 pm

Awww love the shot of the two of them side by side! Adorbs! :D
Livin' the Crazy crab life :P

aprilmay

Post by aprilmay » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:12 pm

they are sooooo puuurrretty! :hug: :hug: :hug: i can never enough of their purple claws.<3
great photos! thank you for sharing!

mjjluver

Post by mjjluver » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 pm

I agree the 4th picture is awesome!

DaJimmer

Post by DaJimmer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:22 pm

I am envious.
-Jimmer

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:46 am

Love their side by side pic!!

cowpowah

Post by cowpowah » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:03 am

Beautiful crabs.
Owner of 2 PP's since 2013.
Heracles (Smaller) Poseidon (Larger)

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:17 am

Hermione wrote:Hermione and Crookshanks are absolutely loving their new 29 gallon tank. They have been super active since I moved them. It has been fun to watch. I’m still making improvements but I’m happy with the setup so far. Pics attached!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

What is that silver stuff in the background? Looks like your tank is insulated on the inside? Is the burlap on top of it?
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:04 am

ciaraalston wrote:

What is that silver stuff in the background? Looks like your tank is insulated on the inside? Is the burlap on top of it?
It is called Reflectix. It is used as an insulator.
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:47 am

AwesomeHermit wrote:
ciaraalston wrote:

It goes on the inside? I'll have to get some!!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:57 am

AwesomeHermit wrote:
ciaraalston wrote:

It goes on the inside? I'll have to get some!!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk[/quote]
It goes on the back of the tank, on the outside.
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Reflectix goes on the outside of your tank. It goes over your Ultratherm. They sell rolls of it at Home Depot, Lowe's. A roll (which looks like car shade material) can run around $14-16) It is reusable year after year. It can be hung using packaging tape, reflectix tape, or duct tape. Reflectix tape does not hold in heat.

Do not insulate Zoo Med UTHs - those are already insulated :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:01 am

GotButterflies wrote:Reflectix goes on the outside of your tank. It goes over your Ultratherm. They sell rolls of it at Home Depot, Lowe's. A roll (which looks like car shade material) can run around $14-16) It is reusable year after year. It can be hung using packaging tape, reflectix tape, or duct tape. Reflectix tape does not hold in heat.

Do not insulate Zoo Med UTHs - those are already insulated :)
I'll be using heat tape for the 55.... is there a difference? Would I be able to wrap it still?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk