You know your moved in when your tat is set up

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
ErikRasmussen

You know your moved in when your tat is set up

Post by ErikRasmussen » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Moved into the new house and have the tat set up. It's finally looking good again. That little isopod survived being boxed up for over a week. Pretty impressive.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Angel_crab

Re: You know your moved in when your tat is set up

Post by Angel_crab » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Crabitat is looking amazing! Bet the crabs are loving it! That little isopod is so cute :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piratetoothgir

Post by piratetoothgir » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Congrats! Any kind of pet setup makes you officially moved in :)
Crabber Since 2016
7 Caribbeans & 2 Ecuadorians
I am the proud owner of my hermit crabs, aquarium fish, and isopod totes!

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:35 pm

I love how you have one little isopod in your tank
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 am

Looks great! Is it bad that part of the reason I haven't moved from where I live is I DREAD moving the crabs so so so much! I hate having to move or bother molters, It's all heavy, I'm scared the tank will break..BAH. It give me anxiety just thinking about it. But the tank looks great, you have a lovely set-up! That little E is so sweet looking! Those cute E eyes get me every dang time! :love7:

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:57 am

Congrats on the move being done! The crabitat looks great! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:37 pm

Thanks guys! I used the move to install some PVC piping with holes to zip tie plants and hanging stuff to the wall. I was SO sick of jerry rigging suction cups. Especially with the Es, as cute as they are they tear stuff down in an instant.
AwesomeHermit wrote:I love how you have one little isopod in your tank
Angel_crab wrote:Crabitat is looking amazing! Bet the crabs are loving it! That little isopod is so cute
Haha I think he is the only one who survived, so random.
Rawrgeous wrote:Looks great! Is it bad that part of the reason I haven't moved from where I live is I DREAD moving the crabs so so so much! I hate having to move or bother molters, It's all heavy, I'm scared the tank will break..BAH. It give me anxiety just thinking about it. But the tank looks great, you have a lovely set-up! That little E is so sweet looking! Those cute E eyes get me every dang time! :love7:
I have moved over 10 times with these guys and I have never lost anyone during or after the move. this was the first time where I lost someone before the move though :/ The trick is small boxes with plastic bags for the sub, a box (or 5) for the climbing/hiding stuff, the tank and the stand and your good to go. I have dissembled moved and resembled this 55g in a 5hr period before. Now that I am going to be here for 20 something years I am planning a BIG wooden build.

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Looks great, Erik!! Your little E is adorable and the 1 Isopod looks like he’s just hanging in there like it’s no big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:45 am

I have moved over 10 times with these guys and I have never lost anyone during or after the move. this was the first time where I lost someone before the move though :/ The trick is small boxes with plastic bags for the sub, a box (or 5) for the climbing/hiding stuff, the tank and the stand and your good to go. I have dissembled moved and resembled this 55g in a 5hr period before. Now that I am going to be here for 20 something years I am planning a BIG wooden build.
I look forward to seeing the build! Sounds awesome. :)

Topic author
ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 pm

I look forward to seeing the build! Sounds awesome. :)

LOl me too unfortunately I just had to shell out 5k for my car so it got bumped back a bit

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:48 am

Gah. The joys of adulting. If it's not one thing then it's another right? I hope you get it sorted though. I can be patient! lol