Makin' a break out

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
pixellator

Makin' a break out

Post by pixellator » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:28 pm

:crabbigsmile:

Tucker has found the trap door. Honestly, I've had crabs for years and they never made it this far to actually go out the door of the lid. I've taped it closed with masking tape and should have done that a long time ago. Luckily I was around when he was there resting from the effort. He would have fit all the way through it.

When I got home from work he was hanging upside down on the lid two corners away, at the left back of the tank. Then a couple hours later he was here! Guess he had an appointment... :hlol:
1 E Master Roshi, 2 PP Fo'Shizzle, Na'Meen, 1 parakeet Morpheus, 1 Aussie Shepherd/Border Collie mix Kara

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Makin' a break out

Post by curlysister » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Whoa! Good thing you caught him in the act! LOL!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 am

I have had the same thing happen! Except the hole was in the middle of the tank and I had so many other crabs in there and never had that happen, I also thought the crab was too big to fit through there. Luckily I found crabby across the room and hadn’t gotten too far! Mine that got loose was one I got for my girlfriend, an Ecuadorian. They are little escapees! We call him Essie now. Lol! That is a great picture.

Topic author
pixellator

Post by pixellator » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:28 pm

RiNiKy506 your little Essie could be a handful! Finding the way out from NEwhere...
curlysister I caught him purple handed! He just came up from a molt and is much more purple now....more active, too!
Right now I caught him sliding off his peanut hut, which is where this whole escapade started. That's his leg up to the roof.
1 E Master Roshi, 2 PP Fo'Shizzle, Na'Meen, 1 parakeet Morpheus, 1 Aussie Shepherd/Border Collie mix Kara