Large Indo is back!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Overmountain1

Large Indo is back!

Post by Overmountain1 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:17 pm

I just had to share some pics of my beautiful girl to celebrate another successful molt! She’s a definite large, but not Jumbo just yet. Significant growth this time for sure! She’s sandy, but still.
She has a little orange pal with her in the second two pics! So cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HermieBingo

Re: Large Indo is back!

Post by HermieBingo » Sun May 16, 2021 2:50 pm

Such a pretty girl! Congrats! :)
My only crabbie Charolette :)
R.I.P. Bingo

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:38 pm

Yay! Welcome back!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Thank you! She’s a sweetheart, and I am fortunate to have her to enjoy for sure.

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:26 pm

Do you have 2 Indos? I remember you talking about Mr. EnDoh. If so, lucky you!!

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Topic author
Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:33 am

No, just the one with me, and [mention]RiNiKy506 [/mention] has the other 3 that are supposed to become her roommates.
As far as the she- I had thought male initially but she got comfortable enough to finally give me a good hard look at BOTH sides- she’s definitely female! Lol And sweet. She’s really a good crabby, and very curious. Initially I was concerned she might not get along w some of the others but I’ve never seen any incidents w her. She’s very laid back, but the first time I had tried to introduce her to others she was shoving and jumping at them and all kinds of stuff. Now I know it must’ve just been the recent move! She’s awesome.

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:57 pm

Overmountain1 wrote:No, just the one with me, and [mention]RiNiKy506 [/mention] has the other 3 that are supposed to become her roommates.
As far as the she- I had thought male initially but she got comfortable enough to finally give me a good hard look at BOTH sides- she’s definitely female! Lol And sweet. She’s really a good crabby, and very curious. Initially I was concerned she might not get along w some of the others but I’ve never seen any incidents w her. She’s very laid back, but the first time I had tried to introduce her to others she was shoving and jumping at them and all kinds of stuff. Now I know it must’ve just been the recent move! She’s awesome.

Ah so it's a Mrs. EnDoh haha! I have a crab I named Kaulder. Finally got a good look a while back and it's a she. I kept the name cuz I figured she doesn't mind lol. I still have one small crab that will just not let me look, drives me crazy! So it's a he for now. ImageImage

Topic author
Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Sat May 29, 2021 1:11 am

Yup same! Names are just names. ME Seems to work well- and my big jumbo Princess came back today too!! So excited! She’s being shy of course I’ll try to get pics tomorrow. So happy to see them again! New tank and first molt for a jumbo- always a nerve wracking long timing thing. Ugh. Hard to wait 2 months!

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:01 pm

Overmountain1 wrote:Yup same! Names are just names. ME Seems to work well- and my big jumbo Princess came back today too!! So excited! She’s being shy of course I’ll try to get pics tomorrow. So happy to see them again! New tank and first molt for a jumbo- always a nerve wracking long timing thing. Ugh. Hard to wait 2 months!

Yay for Princess! If you can get a pic, I'd love to see her! Image

Topic author
Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Mon May 31, 2021 1:27 pm

Got her last night!
First is Princess, she’s a beauty, for sure!
Second is ME, she’s awaiting some other Indo friends anxiously I believe! She’s happy enough but more of her kind I think is better. Image
And last the two stinkers looking irresistibly cute, Ryder and FuzzImage

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon May 31, 2021 2:41 pm

Hello Princess, ME, Ryder, and Fuzz!

They are all so beautiful! You can tell you take good care of them. I remember Ryder! He's the little guy that went rogue hiding in someone's basement. He looks great! Thanks for the awesome pics.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 pm

Beautiful! I have a male, and he is large!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Overmountain1

Large Indo is back!

Post by Overmountain1 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:54 pm

Yes he sure is! Crazy little crabby. He’s such a fun guy to have around, he will be missed for sure but I’m glad he will have another straw friend.

And my last big one came back up yesterday! What a relief and a success. Everyone made it this round so I’ve got about a year before I have to worry again! Lol

This cracked me up- she fell off and just stayed there like ‘yep, totally my plan to be upside down.’ And the Es (one up top too) sat there like nah nah! Lol

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:09 pm

Overmountain1 wrote:Yes he sure is! Crazy little crabby. He’s such a fun guy to have around, he will be missed for sure but I’m glad he will have another straw friend.

And my last big one came back up yesterday! What a relief and a success. Everyone made it this round so I’ve got about a year before I have to worry again! Lol

This cracked me up- she fell off and just stayed there like ‘yep, totally my plan to be upside down.’ And the Es (one up top too) sat there like nah nah! Lol

What a great pic lol! If crabbies had funniest home videos, that def would have won! Image

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:20 pm

Overmountain1 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:17 pm

I love the little isopod on it lol
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!