Like your job?

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author

Like your job?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:31 pm

I marked the second one - I rep for a well-known candy manufacturer. Admittedly it has it's moments of frustration, but I set my own hours, and just have to get a set amount of "stuff" done in a set amount of time. It's only part time, but I'm usually working 30-35 hours per week. Best part is this much freedom and still getting health insurance.

Crabby Abby

Like your job?

Post by Crabby Abby » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:25 am

Victoria I was laid off when I was pregnant with my first and because I was showing I failed to get a job. Facing the prospects of adding a diaper-soiling formula guzzling where'd that paycheck go baby to the equation I made the agonizing decision to put him in child care and take a job somewhere but infant care ranged $215-$280. I don't know how people do it. I couldn't afford to work and I couldn't afford not to.When Alex was 6 weeks I became a Nanny and took him with me. Actually I worked 3 jobs; I did that 10 hours a day, worked 4 hours 3 nights a week and sold Avon till we caught up, then dropped the latter two and continued to nanny.I'm straying from my point but joining the child care profession or working for a preschool where you could enroll your child or bring him with you at no cost might be an option. This way you could work and not sacrifice time with your little one and pursue the prospects of substitute teaching when he's enrolled in kindergarten or 1st grade full time. It's such a short time that they're little.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author

Like your job?

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:14 pm

I selected root canal. And that's not an empty proclamation--I've had root canal when the novocaine wore off half way through. I know exactly what I'm voting for. I work 30hrs a week as a supervisor at an arts & crafts store to pay for my university tuition. I like two of the managers, one of the other supervisors, and a few (very few!) of my cashiers. I despise everyone else I work with, but that can't compare to how much I despise customers. I was just floored when I first witnessed how rude and crass people could be with customer service workers just because they know we have to appease them, no matter how out of line they are. I'd have had my fresh mouth slapped so fast it would make my head spin if I ever acted such a way in public. It's been two years and people still shock me with how rudely they behave. I just can't believe adults with children in tow would display such behavior.Can anyone guess why I want to be a writer? 90% of my time locked in a little room with my pets...I've been told that I'm not a 'people person'. Can't imagine why they'd think that...

Topic author

Like your job?

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:47 am

I'm a SAHM as well, though I've held down several jobs between children as the years go by. Unfortunately, we currently live in an economically depressed area where any money I made would be eaten up by child care and gas - there wouldn't be any left, so no reason to even try unless I wanted to get away from my kids (which there are days when that's an extremely tempting thought ). I keep playing with the idea of starting up a home-based business, but I'd need to go back to school and get a little business math under my belt, so you can guess how far I've gotten with that...

Topic author

Like your job?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:56 pm

I would like to change my vote from whatever I said to hate it rather shovel horse manure. My boss is an idiot. He hires this guy on and off. The guys been fired at least 4 times only to be re-hired. He's tried to work on a ceiling fan with it still running(about 20 ft up) He breaks everything. His first day back after being fired this time we couldn't get a truck out of park well to prove his superiority to everyone else he hopped in there to get it out of park. He broke the entire gear shift and the truck had to be towed from the garage. The guys a moron, an ignoramous. I'm sorry I'm venting, but I need to or it will build up, and I'll spontaneously combust. He talks about me right in front of me, just Yesterday he got caught doing it by the owner who didn't say much of anything to him. I was talking with another co worker, when he came up and asked if anyone had any earplugs... Idiot. The owner asked him why he needed ear plugs, and then the owner told me to tell him if he did anything else, which he did and when I tried to tell the owner when he started giving me problems he through his hands up in the air and said get out of here I don't have time for this crrap. I was so irritated. I hate my job. At least the owners wife is still nice.

Topic author

Like your job?

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:50 am

Well your boss may be an idiot, but minesets the standard. His degree of idiocyis what your average morons strive for. I'd like to slap him upside the head sohard the rest of his hair falls out.He's on vacation right now (working 2 hrsa week takes alot out of you). I am comfortedby the fact he's slamming down $10 drinks whilei go hungry this weekend. I'm really temptedto leave a nice little steaming present on hiskeyboard for when (or if) he comes back monday

Topic author

Like your job?

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:50 pm

I guess I'm a SAHM too but my "kids" are both 82! They are both mentally impaired and have lived with me for 10 years. They have been boyfriend & girlfriend for 55 years since they were both at the same institution. My lady was sick yesterday so I know about shoveling manure but it wasn't in the barn but in her bedroom! normally I love my "job", but not at times like that. LOL

Topic author

Like your job?

Post by Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 11:25 am

The boss came back today. Turns out he wentto hollywood. He was telling me how he metHulk Hogan on an elevator in the Hilton. Whooopeee!!! I just responded in grunts andwent about my work. If my company was in thered, and all my vendors were on C.O.D status(some requiring a cashiers check in advance)I might have 2nd thoughts about expensivevacations.....call me silly... I've had enough!! I made up a resume onsunday and emailed it to a real shop today.They've got full benefits and pay well.(fingers crossed)