I just don't see this product taking off

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:44 am

Fish n' FlushThe concept tanks. ahahaha I crack myself up!
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:51 am

How small a space would the poor fishies actually have for movement? I thought this was funny when they suggested it might help with potty training. Have they ever TRIED to potty train a little boy with something moving nearby? And as far as sitting there looking at the fish...
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Topic author
Pharfly1

Post by Pharfly1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:03 pm

It's bad enough that some people spend way too much time in the bathroom, this just gives them an excuse. Plus 2.2 gallons is too tiny for any fish to live happily!

Topic author
KaraJo

Post by KaraJo » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:09 pm

I think it's a pretty dumb idea. It would be kinda neat to have an aquarium in the bathroom to watch while you take a bath or something, that would be relaxing, but having it on the back of a toilet??

Topic author
Pharfly1

Post by Pharfly1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:08 pm

quote:love how they advertise with tons of goldfish that get to be mega frickin huge! the dumb things people do with fish. LOL and when they die from their inturnal organs out growing their stunted bodies, you can just flush them! Plus who really likes to spend that much time cleaning the toilet????

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:13 pm

Nobody's even come remotely close to what I think this tanks going to look like several months down the line. The fish tank and toilet tank are two reservoirs completely independent of each other but you can see through the fish tank to the toilet tank in the back middle of it, right? Now think of what the inside of your tank looks like. I'm sure you've all see one. Not white like it used to be, right? Maybe has hard water lines, at minimum it looks like it was bleached with tea bags. Yup that's attractive! Might be a more ingenious idea to just stencil the toilet tank with fish!
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:20 pm

You hit the nail on the head with that one CA. My BF wanted to get one for the bathroom when we redo it it. Let's just say I won that battle yet again... Now if they could do something where only the fish would be seen and not the entire inside of the tank, I might consider that. Otherwise they might as well keep the product. Anyhow, that tank wouldn't go with my decor that I want.

Topic author
Figgy

Post by Figgy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:22 pm

thats really discusting, like at my work we have a tank my the sink (its a staff bathroom, you stay overnight) but on the toilet? im pretty sure the fish dont enjoy the site

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:38 pm

That's very disturbing. I like the sound of the toilet flushing/bubbling on the site though! LMAO They even have a clownfish in the one pic.Wouldn't y'all be freaked out by the fish looking at you or peering at your back? I would.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
Mayhelie

Post by Mayhelie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:04 am

Ha! I couldn't seriously sit there and do my business with little fishy eyes looking at where the sun don't shine!! lol! I would just put a wall mounted fish tank in my bathroom...Reminds me of the fish platforms.http://www.costumesbypattijo.com/Mercha ... /shoes.jpg

Topic author
momof4

Post by momof4 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:41 am

who would even consider something like that?