Ohh the Dreaded Swimsuit Season!

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:35 am

Well i'm 42 and single. Stretch marks andsome extra padding don't bother me. My exhad both and a big bootie to boot. Father time has his way with us guys tooMy ears are starting to grow hair. The hairon my head is going gray. Not mention movingup a couple pant sizes, and the ever increasing wrinkles on my face. They say itmakes me look "distinguished" Well i'd optfor no wrinkles and look "common"

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:43 pm

Aw Dave, I saw your pic when you posted it and I dare say you're quite the cutie. Father Time's got nothing on you! Didn't see the alleged gray or wrinkles either. I think you made that up.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:41 pm

Lol, i guess i don't have room to talk considereing i am in high school but i wouldn't be caught dead in anything 2 piece. *Munches on a fresh cookie...* I just get an athletic like suit and board shorts. Really comfortable but it gives ya the wierdest tan lines, which is ok for me since i never wear anything shorter than bermudas. I just go for stuff that stays in place. Of course feel free not to take any of my advice at all. I have a fat old hippie aunt who i think is one of the most beatiful people in the world. I guess it is all perspective.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:19 pm

quote:Originally posted by Hermit Dave:Well i'm 42 and single. Stretch marks andsome extra padding don't bother me. My exhad both and a big bootie to boot. Father time has his way with us guys tooMy ears are starting to grow hair. The hairon my head is going gray. Not mention movingup a couple pant sizes, and the ever increasing wrinkles on my face. They say itmakes me look "distinguished" Well i'd optfor no wrinkles and look "common" Dave, I agree with Crabby Abby. I had to go back and look at your pic in the "Post Your Pic" thread and you're a handsome guy. I don't see any grey hair at all. No wrinkles either. Gah. We're all so self-conscious.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
Dawn38

Post by Dawn38 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:27 am

ROFL. You guys are so funny. I have been wearing the same suit for the last 10 years. lol I bought it when I was 4 months pregnant with my son. It is amazing that it is still in style. lol I wanted to buy a new one this year but all I could find was the tankiki tops and bottoms. I will only wear a 1 piece though so I guess I need to keep looking. lolI agree it would be so nice to be young again. I just turned 30 this week and I really feel old. lolDave I agree with Nicole, us moms really do love you. Dawn

Topic author
MusicalMeg

Post by MusicalMeg » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:53 am

I got away with not buying a swimsuit last summer. I don't think I even went swimming! This year I think I'm gonna have to, though. Some of you may think that being skinny is a good thing, but I might have to object. I'm only 17 and I've already got to fight gravity! (In a different way, though.) All the fat ends up in my lower half, but you can still see imprints from my ribs. Talk about annoying. My old swimsuit was borrowed by my sister last year, and she stretched it all out (stupid people with big boobs... ). This year I think I'll get a one piece and shorts. And I'll opt for the abandoned pool.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:31 am

Happy Birthday Dawn. Thirty was a wonderful birthday for me. I hope it was for you too.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:55 am

quote:My old swimsuit was borrowed by my sister last year, and she stretched it all out (stupid people with big boobs) LMAO Meg you can borrow one of my old suits. I can guarantee you that it won't be "stretched out" like that. BTW Happy Birthday Dawn! 30 is the new 20, don't forget.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
Willow

Post by Willow » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:27 am

quote:Originally posted by Nicole:I have the lovely long bathing suit tankini top and jogging shorts for my swimsuit. Never used to be modest but gravity has forced me to be so. I, too, wear the same suit (thanks, Lands' End!), not because of any particular gravity problem (I'm 26 years old, 5'4", 150 pounds--a little chubby, but not too bad), but because I don't like to wear regular suit bottoms (because I don't like to wax ), and the one-piece suits with shorts just aren't as comfortable. However, it's not terribly modest on me, either, because the top is a little....smallish. I tend to "bust out" if you know what I mean .

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Hey, yeah, I was just going to say check out Lands End. They have awesome bathing suits! I got a tankini a couple years ago and I love it and I wear it with board shorts sometimes, or a sarong, or the bikini bottom if no one is around. They are kind of expensive, but such a better quality than any other bathing suit I have had. They have these new swim skirts this year for the bottom. They have a bikini type lining, but look like a mini skirt that you can swim in. I'm getting one!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:30 pm

I hate swimsuit shoping because they assume girls are uniform topside and bottom. Girls come in different shapes!I usually buy a bikini, throw away the bottom, and wear the top part with a pair of cute board shorts. Though I usually wear an old pair of boy-cut bikini bottoms underneath--seaweed can go strange places if you just wear boardshorts. And that method saved me from getting too 'intimate' with a cute little nudibranch hanging on to a piece of aforementioned seaweed.

Topic author
Dawn38

Post by Dawn38 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:40 pm

Thank you Crabby Abby and Nicole. It was a pretty good day. Dawn