greek mythology

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
pinkypie

greek mythology

Post by pinkypie » Wed May 29, 2013 4:09 am

I'm reading about greek mythology and stumbled across this: The Greek god Acratopotes "the god of unmixed wine and incontinence." Incontinence as in... the bladder issue? Can't find anymore info on it.
S.N. Bryant

Keg

greek mythology

Post by Keg » Thu May 30, 2013 6:55 pm

I suspect he wasn't one of the more important gods on the campus.

Laurie LeAnn

greek mythology

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Thu May 30, 2013 6:59 pm

he was a peon { pee on } hahahaha a no one..incontinence.. get it?

Topic author
pinkypie

greek mythology

Post by pinkypie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:44 am

Lmao I found it in a big book I got from the public library last month. The wikipedia article I found today kind of makes it sound like he was a mortal who later became a god through heroism--not sure though--But didn't mention anything about incontinence. interesting. :P
S.N. Bryant

Keg

greek mythology

Post by Keg » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:15 pm

If you google "Acratopotes incontinence" it comes up with lots of links, including wikipedia. It didn't say why he was incontinent.Someone suggested that "Unmixed wine" meant that most Greeks drank wine mixed with water, so Acratopotes may have been associated with drinking to excess. Excess drinking can cause incontinence, so that might explain his powers.******Looking a little further, he was also called Acratus and was an associate of Bacchus.Skimming through links, they refer to Acratus as the "genius of wine," as if "genius" is used in the same sense as god.