crabitat plants

Where you post anything related to hermit crabs that does not fit into the categories below.

Topic author
crazycrabber

crabitat plants

Post by crazycrabber » Fri May 23, 2014 11:59 am

I have been wondering, can spider plants grow in eco earth?
experience comes from this: Harvey (tarantula), flanders (cat), 2 pp hermit crabs, (marshawn pinch, and richard shermit), smallstress house hamster(hamster), baron purplemoon (fish).
This signature is currently in violation of our five line maximum policy.

Topic author
crazycrabber

crabitat plants

Post by crazycrabber » Fri May 23, 2014 12:03 pm

i have been getting terrible information on this from other websites, but i have heard great things about this place, and i agree with all the rules, so i was wondering if anybody else has tried to grow spider plants in eco earth.
experience comes from this: Harvey (tarantula), flanders (cat), 2 pp hermit crabs, (marshawn pinch, and richard shermit), smallstress house hamster(hamster), baron purplemoon (fish).

Crabber85

crabitat plants

Post by Crabber85 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Spider plants can be grown in ee but there is some debate as to the safety of the plant with some authorities placing the plant in the mildly toxic category while others place it in the non-toxic category and it should be noted that we do not have this plant listed as being hermitcrab safe so I'm going to go no on placing in the hermitcrab enclosure.The risks associated with introducing potential toxins to hermitcrabs is greatly increased due to the small size of the hermitcrab and they way they digest their food taking twenty four to forty-eight hours to fully process anything that has been eaten prior which can lead to acute build up of toxins within the digestive tract and elsewhere in the crabs body.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

jenok

crabitat plants

Post by jenok » Wed May 28, 2014 6:30 am

There are other plants that are safer for them or you could plant seeds. These will then grow and most crabs love to munch/eat on them. I believe there is a list in the Zoea part of the forum or you can look into the archived library and find some great ideas. Sorry I don't know off the top of my head some of the plants. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Topic author
crazycrabber

crabitat plants

Post by crazycrabber » Fri May 30, 2014 6:40 am

thanks, i will look in zoea, but are you sure that spider plants aren't good, because like six sites said that they are a good plant for crabitats.

Crabber85

crabitat plants

Post by Crabber85 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:18 am

Yeah I'm fairly certain our safe foods lists is also a safe plants list which was obtained from a highly regarded website in the community called the Epicurean Hermit.com which is "the" site we use for identifying safe foods and by extension plants.We don't have it listed so the odds of it being listed at the Epicurean Hermit site is low to none.I'm not sure about the credibility of the sites your getting your info from because I'm not familiar with them and so can't safely draw a conclusion based on their data.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.