My little Neo - thank you for the second chance

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author

My little Neo - thank you for the second chance

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:44 pm

After weeks of back and fourth issues with your molt you still continued to streak after I put you in the main cage and so I would always put you by yourself in the iso and you would seem to do just fine. Yesterday morning I found you naked and on your back, not moving an antenna. I screamed and ran downstairs with you, sobbing hysterically, Running warm water over a washcloth and placing you in begging you not to be dead, begging God and whomever else would listen for you not to be dead before I could say goodbye. All of a sudden that small spot on your back, I'm not sure if it's a vein a heart or a sign of respiration started to slowly move up and down and you moved slowly and looked up at me with you dulling eyes. I got my wish. I got to say goodbye and how much I love you and I'm eternally grateful for that because how many other people get a second chance? You stayed a live a little longer, and you lived long enough for me to go to school and come back to see how you were doing and go to work and come back again to hold you. My mom stayed with you for the day in case you passed because I insisted that nothing should die alone. I came home and the small movement on your back had slowed, it was the only way I knew you were still alive, you wouldn't move anything. You were probably too weak. I brought you upstairs to my room with me and I stayed up with you. You passed around eleven last night and I didn't cry because I knew I had gotten my second chance. I got to say goodbye to you and I love you.You didn't die alone.