Captain Hook- the one that got away

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author
Frostfire

Captain Hook- the one that got away

Post by Frostfire » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:38 am

The day I went to save you and your friends, your owner said you dropped your shell. I thought of Scarlet and the experience I had had two months before, but I shook it off, and hoped I could save you. You put a shell back on and you 4 were happy for awhile, and you always came out to say hello. How very happy you were when I restored your humidity, flushing your gills with the warm mist you hadn't felt in so long. How much I thought that maybe I'd done it, maybe you'd be ok. So I pushed it to the back of my mind, you were healthy. A few weeks later and I came home to find you lying shell-less in the water dish. I was so scared. I took you out and put you down, but you never did move again, I had failed you. Than I saw the horrible gray scars covering your gills, the wreckage of a creature that had once been so beautiful. I cried for you you know, I really thought I could keep you from death. But when I saw those scars I knew that your last weeks had been the best weeks you'd had since you were stolen from your home all those years ago, and that maybe, knowing your friends would live on was all that it took to accept your time had come to move on, and you were able to finally stop fighting in peace. I'm so sorry,Frostfire