Introducing Ori and Nori.

Welcome to the Internet's oldest land hermit crab forum! This forum is for new member introductions and for introducing new additions to your crab colony ONLY.

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:38 am

They are still in iso they still have one week to go.I got them while on vacation at the beach on Sept 26th from a gift shop that I have been going to since 1998.They were the most active out of the thirty or so in the enclosure so I quickly scooped them up purchased them and went back to the hotel.They have been doing good thus far in iso, so I am hopeful that they will continue to do well.They haven't molted or gone down as of yet so I expect that to happen after they go into the main tank.I just named them today which is why I'm here posting.lol
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Theodora

Post by Theodora » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:05 am

Well, seems we have a... hottbit theme going on, am I right? I named one of meh crabs Bilbo, and another, Frodo, and another arwen! Frodos dead tho

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:05 am

Yup their names are from the Hobbit.lol
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Kryorke

Post by Kryorke » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:17 am

Excellent names, one of my favorite books of all time!! Good sign they are still alive and active, I bet they'll make it. Good luck!

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:07 am

@Kryorke, yeah I think they'll do just fine they haven't really slowed down much and are little piggies when it comes to the powdered food I use.lolYeah I have to be one of the biggest Tolkien fans you've ever met, I've read nearly everything the man has written and have the Hobbit, the LOTR trilogy and the Silmarillion (a precursor to the Hobbit and to the LOTR trilogy, its a must read all in paper back.The hardback editions of these works are hard to find where I live and most of his other writings are only available at my local library.
#Autism Speaks.

Kryorke

Post by Kryorke » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:59 am

Sadly, I just cannot get into the Silmarillion, although I've tried several times. The Hobbit I read to tatters, had to get another, and the LOTR trilogy is following suit.

Theodora

Post by Theodora » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:18 pm

LOL!! Well, im sure glad im not the only hobbit fan out there!!

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:51 am

@Kryorke, I actually got my copy of the Silmarillion for Christmas from my brother and his wife as it was one of the only things I wanted and he had to order it off of Amazon because it's not available where I live.I was able to finish the book relatively quickly and enjoyed it very much though I realize that it reads much more like an elvish Bible than a book so not everyone will like it just because it is so wordy and less about a narrative and more like a general history.I just found it interesting getting to know the back story of the High elves and to learn where Sauron came from and why he wanted to overthrow the free world. *SPOILER ALERT* His crusade wasn't actually his but his master Melkor's a high elf or first born(later to be called Morgoth who was a child of Iluvatar the creator) because Melkor wanted to overthrow Iluvatar and set himself up as the ruler of the world and the cosmos and Sauron followed him even when he was exiled to middle earth for his treason against the throne and his siblings and then subsequently sentenced to imprisonment in another dimension.In the later works Sauron assumes the mantle of power that his master left behind and then begins his own conquest in Morgoth's name which is when the Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy take place.This explains why Gandalf tells Pippin as they gazed towards Mount Doom from the battlements of Minas Tirith that Sauron was only an emissary of a far greater dark lord and that the war was never started by him but by his master.Gandalf knew Morgoth/Melkor before he completely turned to evil as he had lived his early years out in the forbidden realm and even hints at it when he told Frodo that he was going home and that he'd already known the lady Gladriel before either one of them came west to middle earth and that he was much younger and used a different name then.It makes so much sense why Gandalf had to be the one to fight Sauron because he had ties to the Eldar(the children of Iluvatar)from a much earlier time in his life and had been chosen to complete an impossible task by Iluvatar when he died after smiting the Balrog upon the mountain side.It was Iluvatar and his children who Gandalf went to when as he said strayed far out of thought and time and then was subsequently sent back as the White tasked with a new purpose.That purpose was to weaken the enemy by cutting the ties he had with the peoples of middle earth who were under his bondage thereby causing him to behave rashly, slipping up and costing himself everything.
#Autism Speaks.

Kryorke

Post by Kryorke » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:28 am

Wow!! You make it sound so more interesting- I had no idea it got into all that background info. I think I'll give it another try! Thanks!

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:17 am

@Kryorke, I've always been good with words since I was little and when I read I can actually visualize what the writer is trying to convey as if I were there myself which helps the book to come to life for me.I guess this is why it's really hard for me to get bored when reading and I love to read books that are in excess of a thousand pages.lol Your welcome.
#Autism Speaks.

Herman Coen

Post by Herman Coen » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:19 am

Just as Gandolf finds the Hobbits interesting and he is constantly surprised by them, crabs have that effect on me. Hermies are always doing something interesting.

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:22 am

@Herman Coen, yeah tis true my hermitcrabs are as fascinating to me as the hobbits were to Gandalf.lol
#Autism Speaks.