List of DIY Projects

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
MacandHunter
Founding Member
Founding Member

List of DIY Projects

Post by MacandHunter » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:03 am

Here is the list to all the DIY projects. This topic is being made so all of the DIY projects can be found fast and easy. If you know of a DIY project that is not listed here, please send me a PM.

Making Better Living Conditions. (diy that helps with temp, humidity, or making extra space, etc)
Humidifier
Humidifier and heater

Second Level
Second Level 2
Second Level 3 (plus climbing toy)

Pool

Anti Crab Escape

DIY Crab Toys
Hiding Hut 1
Hiding Hut 2
Hiding Hut 3
Hiding Hut 4

Climbing Toy

Other DIY Projects or DIY Info
DIY 20 gal tank
Underwater Pool Lighting

Hermit Huts Info Topic
DIY Humidifier or Airstones Info Topic

Let me know if you have any others to add. :)
Last edited by MacandHunter on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Crabbing since 7/4/04 - 10 years!
I'm not asking salvation from you - I'm just asking to be safe for a while
make it easy - make this easy
it's not as heavy as it seems
wrapped in metal -wrapped in ivy - painted in mint ice cream

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:43 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! THIS WILL HELP ME AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wav: :lol: :lol:

-Tracy

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:30 am

does anyone else have ideas for humidifiers?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:47 pm

There are quite a few really good DIY projects that haven't been added. No offense, just haven't updated the list in a while :P Maybe we should start another list on here, and then PM a mod once we get a good list going, to add them to the original post?

here's one of my second level ideas:
viewtopic.php?t=39248

Topic author
MacandHunter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by MacandHunter » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:49 pm

I have added both of those to the list. Thanks!

I don't go looking for the DIY Projects. When a member makes one, they have to let me know about it by posting here or sending me a PM, then it gets added to the list. I never said I would look for the diy projects, but will add any when I get a request to add them.
Crabbing since 7/4/04 - 10 years!
I'm not asking salvation from you - I'm just asking to be safe for a while
make it easy - make this easy
it's not as heavy as it seems
wrapped in metal -wrapped in ivy - painted in mint ice cream

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:03 pm

MacandHunter wrote:I have added both of those to the list. Thanks!

I don't go looking for the DIY Projects. When a member makes one, they have to let me know about it by posting here or sending me a PM, then it gets added to the list. I never said I would look for the diy projects, but will add any when I get a request to add them.

Oh. I didn't read the whole post or something I guess. :oops:

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:32 pm

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:09 pm

some really great ideas, but most of the pics don't work anymore. since i'm sure most of them are people who maybe aren't active on the forums, or have deleted the pics, if anyone else has made these maybe they can offer their pics to add to the ones that don't work?

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:14 am

Here's one I just posted for a water dish: http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... hp?t=53143

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Hiding hut 1 doesn't seem to exist :|

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:00 pm

nor does second level links 1 and 4

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Here's a good one going on DIY pools
viewtopic.php?t=56984

Here's one for DIY cocohut that I followed
viewtopic.php?t=57175

lids

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:02 pm

anybody have a good diy lid cure? I have had lid issues for I dunno how long...TIA....

Humidifierand heater system Idea.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:58 am

Ok I have ordered a Humidifier from Pet Discounters but after reading the DIY threads and the Coffee mug heater addition I reverted back to my Tropical Fish Aquariums and the heaters they have. I was thinking of a submersible Heater inserted into the Moisture canister/Jar. The heaters have thermostats built in so there would be no risk of Boiling the water and you could set them at an ideal temp.

Or Try the Crab Island Heat Mat 4" X 5" for the plastic mini tanks they have out. It said household tape could be used with it and it's only 3 watts. So tape or Rubber band it around the outside of the water jar/canister.