Hermit Crab Pantry

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Hermit Crab Pantry

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:39 pm

I was wondering if anyone wants to share a pic of their crab pantry. Maybe this thread will inspire me to organize a bit :)

Sillysheep

Re: Hermit Crab Pantry

Post by Sillysheep » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi Rosie!! I'm going to keep an eye out. I have a wonderful, unorganized pantry dresser. All foods and staples... salt, moss etc. Not pictures or post worthy at all. How did the rabbit poo go over?
ROSIEonFIRE wrote:I was wondering if anyone wants to share a pic of their crab pantry. Maybe this thread will inspire me to organize a bit :)
Crazy Crab Lady

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Still haven't tried it yet, I'll let you know when I do ;)

Sillysheep

Post by Sillysheep » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Are you still rocking that vertical tank?
ROSIEonFIRE wrote:Still haven't tried it yet, I'll let you know when I do ;)
Crazy Crab Lady

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Here's a pic of mine. One part is organized the other isn't so much. Lol. Although the organizer isn't airtight so it may be not be a good storage idea.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Sillysheep wrote:Are you still rocking that vertical tank?
Crazy Crab Lady
Yah boo though I'm pretty sick of the lack of floor space and I dont see myself upgrading any time soon Image

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:Here's a pic of mine. One part is organized the other isn't so much. Lol. Although the organizer isn't airtight so it may be not be a good storage idea.ImageImage

Haha wow, organized!

My crab pantry has regressed to a heap

Sillysheep

Post by Sillysheep » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:01 pm

Lay it on its side... Lol....Image
ROSIEonFIRE wrote:
Sillysheep wrote:Are you still rocking that vertical tank?
Crazy Crab Lady
Yah boo though I'm pretty sick of the lack of floor space and I dont see myself upgrading any time soon Image
Crazy Crab Lady

Sillysheep

Post by Sillysheep » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Hermiesguardian.....niceee!
ROSIEonFIRE wrote:
Hermiesguardian wrote:Here's a pic of mine. One part is organized the other isn't so much. Lol. Although the organizer isn't airtight so it may be not be a good storage idea.ImageImage

Haha wow, organized!

Crazy Crab Lady

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Sillysheep wrote:Hermiesguardian.....niceee!
ROSIEonFIRE wrote:

Haha wow, organized!

Crazy Crab Lady
Thank you. I wish it was still more organized. Takes up alot of room on my counter.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:28 am

This is the bottom of the coffee table that my 55 sits on. A perfect center piece for my food, with a door to keep it safe from the dogs!
I found the plastic tubs at dollar tree, 10 for $1! The baby jars are a staple here, but I quit using them (except for the oyster shells one) because of the metal lids being hard to remove. (I have trouble with my hands)
I had some plastic baby food containers I cleaned out and I'll be using to store food when more comes in. The Ziploc bag has the small bits of food that were way too little to waste a container on.

This is the 55, still under construction. Lol. The coffee table is short, but we have lots of little people at our house who LOVE seeing our animals so I figured it wouldn't be too much trouble to keep it low for now. Once they are grown a bit I'll move it to a taller spot. But for now, all the animals make a nice teaching staple. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Our food items are in little plastic containers and the baggies Hermies Kitchen food comes in. We just keep that stuff in larger containers similar to hermiesguardian second set up. if we ever make the jump making more of our own foods and have more than the dozen or so items we will upgrade to something more efficient. As of not it's not bad picking through what we have.

I often thought a spinning spice rack would be ideal to store food mixes. Spin, Grab, Sprinkle, Put Back, Repeat. I even saw some that you twist a knob on the container and it can measure 1/4 teaspoons out for you!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Motörcrab wrote:Our food items are in little plastic containers and the baggies Hermies Kitchen food comes in. We just keep that stuff in larger containers similar to hermiesguardian second set up. if we ever make the jump making more of our own foods and have more than the dozen or so items we will upgrade to something more efficient. As of not it's not bad picking through what we have.

I often thought a spinning spice rack would be ideal to store food mixes. Spin, Grab, Sprinkle, Put Back, Repeat. I even saw some that you twist a knob on the container and it can measure 1/4 teaspoons out for you!
Yeah I was looking for a spice rack for a while since alot of my food is in jars but then I started mixing big batches instead of mixing up new stuff every night so it didn't seem as necessary. That's cool about the measuring tops though!

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Yeah I was looking for a spice rack for a while since alot of my food is in jars but then I started mixing big batches instead of mixing up new stuff every night so it didn't seem as necessary. That's cool about the measuring tops though![/quote]

That's a good idea to mix everything rather than picking stuff every couple of night. A pinch of this. A dash of that. It's really frustrating.

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:Yeah I was looking for a spice rack for a while since alot of my food is in jars but then I started mixing big batches instead of mixing up new stuff every night so it didn't seem as necessary. That's cool about the measuring tops though!
That's a good idea to mix everything rather than picking stuff every couple of night. A pinch of this. A dash of that. It's really frustrating.[/quote]Yeah I also got annoyed with having to pick out a million bottles a night to feed the crabs but then I realized I could just make a bunch of mixes! I have so many hermy food I really have a hard time feeding them all. Tonight the Great Hermitcrab Baking Off just so happens to be on along with Jurassic park ;)