Re: Favorite quotes/statements

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:48 am

"Libraries distort time and space. The equation is: knowledge = power = energy = mass; mass distorts space." Terry Pratchett, from one of the Disworld novels, proofing that you can timetravel in your library. Ook."Some say the world will end in fire,Some say in ice.From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those who favour fire.But if it had to perish twiceI think I know enough of hateTo say that for destruction iceIs also nice and would suffice"Robert FrostOr William Blake"Cruelty has a human heart,And Jealousy a human face;Terror the human form divine,And Secresy the human dress.The human dress is forged iron,The human form a fiery forge,The human face a furnace sealed,The human heart its hungry gorge. "A Divine Image"Tyger! Tyger! burning bright In the forest of the night..." - I love that, but it's too long to quote it here. Blake has fascinated me ever since I read "Red Dragon" some years ago.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:57 am

"Real witches do not summon demons...we simply are not that dumb."~Silver Ravenwolf. "Teen Witch""[censored] the dog pig black liverd b astard from hel l i hope his face get's put on a porquipine"~Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:13 am

"It is always darkest before the dawn; that's why it's the best time to steal your neighbor's newspaper.""NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"-Monty Python"Ya keep a bunch of people in isolation for centuries and you know what their music contribution is? Riiiver dance!" -Greg Proops"So little to do and so much time to do it in....wait, strike that, reverse it." Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"-From Lewis Black's stand up routine.I'll think of some more later.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:18 am

"We do not stop playing because we are old, we grow old because we stop playing" - I dunno"They can't teach common sense in college." - yours truly

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:37 am

"The band had discovered a concrete monolith on a Sheffield slag-heap, a potent symbol of alienation and the mundane uniformity of modern life. This was a wonderful example of real life surrealism, for which the band could find no other purpose than to piss upon!"-John Atkins comments about "Who's Next"Gert

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:25 am

"There is precious little about civilization which appeals to the Yeti."

Topic author
loulou

Post by loulou » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:56 am

"Immitation is the highest form of flattery"

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:05 am

"Arguing that there was no trade between Europe and East Asia in the early Middle Ages because there are no written records of such trade is like arguing that the yeti, an apelike creature supposedly existing in the Himalayas, does not exist because there have been no scientifically confirmed sightings. A verifiable sighting of the yeti would prove that the creature does exist, but the absence of sightings cannot prove that it does not ."

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:58 am

"On some planets what I do is considered normal." -Unknown

Topic author
petluvr

Post by petluvr » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:24 am

What sets worlds in motion is interplay of differences, their attractions and repulsions. Life is plurality, death is uniformity. By suppressing differences and peculiarities, by eliminating different civilizations and cultures, progress weakens life and favors death, impoverishes and mutilates us. Every view of the world that becomes extinct, every culture that disappears, diminishes a possibility of life.-Octavio Paz

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:16 pm

Great one, Larella. I'm using that one...Okay;"If you don't want a cat to poop on your head, don't use it's butt for a hat."

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:54 pm

Time flies like an arrow and fruit flies like a banana.Can't remember where I read that.Though the boys throw stones at frogs in sport, yet the frogs do not die in sport but in earnest.Plutarch

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:54 pm

Here's a favourite quote that I hear all the time...Tim Benzedrine Is a God! I want him! I want Him! I want Him! And you can't have him, Kitty!Sez you, Padme! I challenge you to the Jello Pool 'o Death, and We'll let TIM decide which of us is worthy! So be it, Kitty! But I must warn you that I'm a nurse, and have a nurse's outfit! I'll have him saying "How YOU doin'?" before you have a chance!""Er, wait. Sorry, Wrong thread. come to think of it, wrong forum. Um,...wrong website, actually.

Topic author
mommyfor3

Post by mommyfor3 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:45 am

"If your butt was on fire you wouldn't have enough common sense to sit in a bucket of water" - Me

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:47 am

Tammy's so smart that she knows she's stupid.It's like a Koala c raped a rainbow in my brain.Mmmmm. Unprocessed fish sticks.It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!Look there is a living room where the crack den used to be!Procrastinate now, don't put it off!That should be a disorder right there. TBD. To Busy Disorder.