I used to be just Laurie

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
Laurie LeAnn

I used to be just Laurie

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:50 am

But now I'm Laurie LeAnn.. I had to 're register. No matter what I tried or did I couldn't get anything to work.. my e mails, my name..NOTHING... So I'm not new just hits me a new NAME.. it's now about 3 a.m. I think I will go to bed.. New thing I will be getting in the morning an old beaten up trunk to use as a coffee table.. probably why I can't sleep

KellyCrabbieLove

Re: I used to be just Laurie

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:11 am

We were down for merger. Could that have been the problem?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:58 am

Since you're posting in LHC, I'm assuming that you're part of that community? One of our founding members at the HCA has the username of Laurie, which is probably what caused the problem!

If that's the case, you can recover your old username and everything that belongs to it. It had to be changed to LAURIE_LHC for everything to be brought over correctly. You'll have to use that new username and then choose to reset your password at the login screen, and then you'll be able to get on with your correct account and change your username to whatever you would like - aside from what it was originally. :( Sorry.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Wwwwwww hhhhhaaaaaattttttt? You are talking Greek to me.. I will have to sit down and and try and figure out what your telling me..I went to the old site landhermitcrabs.com and it didn't have anything there said error page not found.that's when I came here and tried to get on and nothing worked.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:46 pm

You should have received an email with instructions on how to access your old account. :) We can do what is called a "forced reactivation" which means that the person receives the same email they got when they first registered here. That should get you back online with your old account, and then just let me know what you want your permanent username to be.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 pm

Laurie LeAnn wrote:Wwwwwww hhhhhaaaaaattttttt? You are talking Greek to me.. I will have to sit down and and try and figure out what your telling me..I went to the old site landhermitcrabs.com and it didn't have anything there said error page not found.that's when I came here and tried to get on and nothing worked.
LHC and HCA merged. All of the LHC members, threads, and archives are now on the HCA site. So someone had the username Laurie on HCA before the 2 sites merged, so the username Laurie couldn't be used twice on the HCA site.
It can be fixed, I just don't think anyone anticipated duplicate usernames.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Lady WolfStorm
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Lady WolfStorm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Thank you for all the replies gang. Since JediMasterThrash and I have the final knowledge of Poor Laurie's situation, I think it's best one of us chimes in before we confuse her more!

Yes, Laurie LeAnn... you are you!

For the past 1 1/2 months, LandHermitCrabs.com and HermitCrabAssociation.com has been down for a merger of the two sites. Naturally, we anticipated users join both sites with the same username and email address -- they got merged, no problem.

We anticipated a few people with similar users but same email addresses -- we picked one and merged the two accounts together.

That left with cases like yours, where there was already a "Laurie" and even a "Laurie_A" in existence. Since your email address did not come close to either of these ladies' accounts, we knew we had to do something to preserve your account and your 700+ posts! So, we appended _LHC to your name. Your original account from LHC is now "LAURIE_LHC"

You, along with a handful of other users in the similar situation, should have been notified by at least 4 emails during the time we were down. The first time was to announce the merger and down time, another email to give you the status of the merger, a 3rd email to let you know we were back up with instructions on how to log in, and a 4th email to tell you that your account was one of the few affected.

If you did not get these emails, I apologize.

So now, Laurie LeAnn, Please let us know which account you would like to keep in a PM and your email address so we can merge and preserve!
Proud mother to 4 PPs: Boss Hogg, Dollar, and No-Name (PPs, 4+ Years)
Tommy 8/30/10
RIP Mr. E, March 11, 2011-July 14, 2012 (E); Fizban 8/21/10 - 2012; Sandy, Chip and Dale (2007-2012) (PPs)

Topic author
Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:28 am

Where is this change pass word? I did the forget password..It doesn't except my e mail either..it did the day I have it written down the e mail I use since I have 2.

Lady WolfStorm
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Lady WolfStorm » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 am

Laurie LeAnn wrote:Where is this change pass word? I did the forget password..It doesn't except my e mail either..it did the day I have it written down the e mail I use since I have 2.
Yes, "Forgot Password" is where you retrieve your password by changing it.

I will send you a PM.
Tommy 8/30/10
RIP Mr. E, March 11, 2011-July 14, 2012 (E); Fizban 8/21/10 - 2012; Sandy, Chip and Dale (2007-2012) (PPs)

Topic author
Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:57 pm

The only e mail I got was from tech support do I want Laurie LeAnn or the other Laurie_lhc. And other info..I will just keep the Laurie LeAnn name it's saved in my Kindle. I did get my emails merged..how I did it I don't know..there is [Admin edit: emails removed for safety reasons! They've been sent to Lady via PM. ~ wodesorel]

Lady WolfStorm
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Lady WolfStorm » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:24 am

Laurie LeAnn wrote:The only e mail I got was from tech support do I want Laurie LeAnn or the other Laurie_lhc. And other info..I will just keep the Laurie LeAnn name it's saved in my Kindle. I did get my emails merged..how I did it I don't know..there is [Admin edit: emails removed for safety reasons! They've been sent to Lady via PM. ~ wodesorel]
Laurie, your accounts have been merged.
Tommy 8/30/10